September 25, 2014

home is wherever we are, if there's love there too

it was Talia's birthday on Tuesday, and Talia lives in Logan so I went to Logan. simple math. I wish I didn't have responsibilities (I use that word lightly; the limit of my 'responsibilities' include doctor appointments and job interviews) so that I could have stayed longer, and maybe hit up Rexburg too. 

I got to Talia & Hannah's apartment building around 9:30 tuesday night, walked into her room and then she started sobbing. At first I thought it was because she was happy to see me, and then I got a little concerned that maybe she wasn't because she was crying to hard and saying things like,
"I knew this would happen!" and
"I hate surprises!"
but then right when I started to get worried she said things like,
"I'm so happy!" and
"You're my best friend!"

Then Talia went to 'talk' to her boyfriend and I ate her cake while she was gone, talked to Hannah about my ovaries, ate Hannah's valveeta when she wasn't looking, and made inappropriate jokes. 

^ if the above doesn't encapsulate who I am entirely, then I don't know who I am.

Also Hannah's room mate bought a fish at Walmart. Arnold. fun right? no. 
does anyone remember how much I care about fish? because it's a lot. like care is synonymous to obsess in that sentence. so it wildly concerned me that she didn't buy a 30 cent goldfish, no, she bought a $10 tropical blood parrot cichlid.
HAHAHAHAHA THEY NEED A MINIMUM OF A THIRTY GALLON TANK AND HE IS IN A TWO GALLON FISH BOWL. IN TAP WATER. BEING FED FISH FLAKES THAT HE CANT EAT BECAUSE HIS MOUTH DOESNT CLOSE. 

so naturally I googled up everything on them bc I didn't know any of that before but I knew that fish was not being properly taken care of so leave it to me to stay up until three in the morning stressing zits upon zits on my face reading up basic care guides on parrotcichlid.com. 

^ again. why am I so myself?

but then when I had exhausted my efforts online and had worry lines, instead of getting some sleep Hannah and I stayed up late. 
like I am ashamed of how late we stayed up. it was so late it was early. I haven't stayed up so long since the 7th grade when I thought it'd be "kewl" to pull an "all-nighter".

we stayed up until 7am. 

the next/same day, Talia and I went to feed some ducks and I had more feels, (did you think I was talking to Hannah about my ovaries for no reason?) went to Starbucks to buy cake pops to eat while watching 500 days of summer bc it's a tradition, (while we were driving back from Starbucks Hannah called sobbing bc she found Arnold dead on the dresser and it the case was presumed a suicide due to poor living conditions) and then we ate crepes next to an antique shop before I went home. that's also the time we took photos. 


also the place we are crepes at was so pretty, like take pano's pretty. 


and the last thing we learned that day is:



*title is a lyric from Jack Johnson's "Home", I had a private blog back in the day where every post title was a song title or lyric, and I'm thinking I should bring that back. I used this lyric bc home is w Talia and Hannah bc us and love and isn't that cute? also except I'm not going to explain why I chose what lyric and what song it's from after this point. 
but in posts after this one if you post in the comments what song you think it's from I'll give you a shoutout in the next post (: 
**also it may not be a song lyric every time bc consistency has never been my strong suit. which you know if you've read this blog for a long time. 
***hahaha wow this is a long post

No comments: