August 16, 2009

BACK 2 SCHOOL

THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY! BE THERE! BE THERE! BE THERE! School is nearly here. Today during my interview with the Bishop he challenged me. "Are you excited for school?" "...eh. Well I'm excited for the first couple of weeks, to get to see my friends and meet my teachers. But after that I start to miss summer." He chuckles and says, "How are your grades?" "Well I'm really good in my classes, I know everything and understand it. I just don't do my homework. I procrastinate and that's what my grades are made up of." He looks me straight in the eye and says, "I'm giving you a challenge. I'm serious, I want you to try your very best this first semester. I'll bet you'll get a 4.0. If you procrastinate once, that's not your very best." We high fived on it and I promised him a straight A report card when my yearly interview comes around in November. When school starts I'm going to come home, do an hour of homework, an hour of chores, and a half-hour of young woman's (Personal Progress or what I need to do.) My only social life will be at school, this may be of some despair to some, but I'm trying to get into BYU and bring my Bishop a 4.0. I have to go shopping for my pop tarts and juice boxes, but I'll get there in good time, this will be the best year yet. I can already hear the montage music...

2 comments:

emilee said...

Dang. That means that it will be like...5:30 when you are finished with your daily rutiene (I don't know how to spell) and then we will never hang out again. :(

Christine said...

I went into high school thinking I'll just do all the work and see what happens. Sure enough...A's came easy when I did all the work. Go figure. Good luck!!! You'll be great!